Entries Open For 2023 Spring/Summer Show Series at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
March 16, 2023 - Wilmington, OH
August Summer III Show Features USEF Premier Hunters and Level 4 Jumpers
Entries and stall reservations are open for World Equestrian Center – Wilmington Spring/Summer Show Series, featuring five weeks of USEF rated hunter/jumper competition and nearly $300,000 in total prize money and prizes. The Series runs from May 24 to August 13, highlighted by Summer III from August 9-13. There are classes available for exhibitors at every level, from cross rails to grand prix.
Points from these shows will be cumulative and count toward circuit championship awards that will be awarded at the end of the WEC Fall Show Series and the WEC Medal Finals, which will take place at Midwest Indoors II on November 15-19. Reserve your stalls and place your entries now on horseshowing.com.
Exhibitors at the WEC – Wilmington Spring/Summer Show Series can expect that the show will go on, rain or shine. In the case of even the most inclement weather, the show can be moved into WEC's climate-controlled indoor facilities.
WEC Summer III offers a full array of equitation classes and for the second consecutive year, World Equestrian Center – Wilmington will host the Hunter Jumper Association of Michigan (HJAM) Medal Finals during this show. For qualifying information and list, please visit HJAM.net.
The World Equestrian Center – Wilmington 2023 Spring/Summer shows include the following dates and ratings:
- May 24-28 Spring I USEF Regional/Level 3 Jumper
- May 31-June 4 Spring II USEF Regional/Level 3 Jumper
- July 12-16 Summer I USEF Regional/Level 3 Jumper
- July 19-23 Summer II USEF Regional/Level 3 Jumper
- August 9-13 Summer III USEF Premier/Level 4 Jumper
Summer III Jumper feature classes include:
- $30,000 Grand Prix
- $10,000 Welcome Stake
- $10,000 Futures Prix
Summer III Hunter feature classes include:
- $15,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby 3’ - Open
- $15,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby 3’ - Non-Pro
- $3,500 USHJA Hunter Derby 2’6”- Non-Pro
- $3,500 USHJA Pony Hunter Derby
Spring I & II and Summer I & II weekly Jumper feature classes include:
- $25,000 Grand Prix
- $7,500 Welcome Stake
- $7,500 Futures Prix
Spring I & II and Summer I & II weekly Hunter Derby feature classes include:
- $10,000 WEC 3’ Derby Hunter Open
- $2,500 WEC 2’6” Non-Pro Hunter Derby
- $1,500 WEC Pony/Children's Pony Hunter Derby
Reserve Your Onsite Lodging at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
Guests are advised to make lodging reservations at their earliest convenience to ensure they secure accommodations close to the show grounds. Reservations can be made at WEC.net or by calling 937-382-0985 ext. 3.
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has a myriad of onsite lodging options for guests:
- The Wilbur Estate – The Wilbur Estate is a stunning plantation-style mansion with five elegant luxury suites. Wilbur’s Estate is centrally located on the horse show grounds, just steps from arenas, stabling, and the Paddock Club. Free WiFi and VIP parking are included.
- Cabins – Each cabin sleeps up to 6 guests and is within walking distance from the arenas and barns. Two of the cabins are handicap accessible. Free WiFi included.
- Home Away from Home Park – Directly across the street from the horse show entrance, the 130 home away from home units have two or three bedrooms with a fully-equipped kitchen and living and dining room area. Free WiFi included.
- Camping Sites – WEC – Wilmington has many camping sites equipped with electric, water, and sewer for $225 per week (or any portion thereof). You must reserve these on your entry form or stall reservation form. Please check in at the horse show office for a pass prior to parking your RV.
About World Equestrian Center
World Equestrian Center features two premier equestrian and multidisciplinary venues in Ocala, Florida, and Wilmington, Ohio.
These exclusive facilities comprise state-of-the-art arenas, expansive stadiums, versatile outdoor space, sporting fields and well-appointed exposition centers. An abundance of lodging options and luxury accommodations are conveniently located on-site, along with shopping and dining throughout each property.
Dedicated to offering great sport and good fun in a family-friendly environment, World Equestrian Center promises an unparalleled experience for exhibitors, spectators, vendors, sponsors and retailers built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
Learn more at wec.net.