There is still time to enter and reserve your stalls for the World Equestrian Center – Wilmington Fall Horse Show Series, running September 29 through October 31, 2021, in Wilmington, Ohio. The series features five consecutive weeks of NSBA-sanctioned hunter/jumper competition and will award nearly $1.2 million in prize money. Read more and watch the videos below to experience the great sport, fantastic amenities, and family-friendly environment that World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has to offer this fall.
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington Fall Horse Show Series video
What’s New? $100,000 in Leading Rider and Horse Awards!
$50,000 Leading Grand Prix Horse Award – Payout to top 12
$15,000 Leading JR/AO Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 10
$15,000 Leading 3’ Hunter Derby Horse Award – Payout to top 10
$5,000 Leading 2’6” Non-Pro Hunter Derby Horse Award – Payout to top 8
$5,000 Leading Modified Children/Ad Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 8\
$5,000 Leading Child/Adult Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 8
$2,000 Leading Low Child/Adult Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 6
$1,000 Leading Intermediate Child/Adult Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 6
$1,000 Leading Novice Child/Adult Jumper Horse Award – Payout to top 6
2021 Fall Horse Show Series Dates
• September 29-October 3
• October 6-10
• October 13-17
• October 20-24
• October 27-31
Weekly Jumper Highlights
$50,000 Grand Prix
$15,000 Welcome Prix
$10,000 Futures Prix
Weekly Hunter Derbies
$30,000 3’6”-3’9” Derby – (Weeks 3 and 5 only)
$20,000 WEC 3’ Derby Open
$20,000 WEC 3’ Derby Non-Pro
$3,500 Non-Pro 2’6” Derby
$10,000 2’6” Non-Pro Derby – (Week 5 only)
Learn More and Enter
For the Prize List: http://horseshowing.com/show_upload/8847/60.pdf
For Stalls: http://horseshowing.com/show_upload/8847/58.pdf
To Enter: https://www.horseshowing.com/mobile/index.html
What Is Special About WEC – Wilmington?
Competitors and their families at WEC – Wilmington can enjoy a variety of amenities on-site.
The Dragonfly Academy, a private school opened in 2019, offers the best possible learning environment available on a competition showgrounds and provides student-athletes with a customized education support program. One-on-one tutoring is available for individual students and they are also encouraged to take advantage of the facility’s many amenities such as the indoor gymnasium, tennis court and zip line.
Dragonfly Academy video
For the past two years, WEC has invested heavily in the Ohio facility, making major improvements and additions, including four new, versatile indoor arenas for schooling, lunging and stabling. The Roberts Arena has a separate and expansive indoor warm-up arena, and there is a dedicated outdoor lunging ring to ensure a safer experience for grooms and horses. All stabling is in a comfortable, spacious and permanent indoor environment, and every stall is outfitted with new mats and Dutch doors.
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington improvements video
The beautiful Vendor Village is a breath of fresh air, offering a spot to sit and relax, a spa for health and beauty treatments, incredible shopping and more. Horses and dogs are welcome too! Featured areas include:
- A Sudden Impulse boutique for WEC-branded merchandise
- The Gathering Place chapel, offering weekly Sunday sermons and a quiet place for reflection
- A Bit of Class Salon & Day Spa, with a full list of massage, nail, hair, and waxing services
- A fully-outfitted Fitness Center for those looking to log more exercise time out of the saddle
- A new candy shop where kids of all ages can enjoy a sweet treat
Vendor Village video
The Paddock Club is a full bar and restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere and live music, complete with games and entertainment for the whole family, located right in the World Equestrian Center complex. With flat screen TVs, free wifi, and multiple comfortable seating areas, it’s the place to be after the horse show has ended. Other dining options include the International Grille and Café as well as Dark Horse Coffee Co., which, of course, includes a ride-up window serving Starbucks coffee!
The Paddock Club video
Where To Stay
Guests are advised to make lodging reservations at their earliest convenience to ensure accommodations close to the showgrounds. Reservations can be made at wec.net or by calling 937.382.0985 ext. 3.
The Wilbur Estate video
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has multiple on-site lodging options for guests:
• The Wilbur Estate – The Wilbur Estate is a stunning plantation-style mansion with five elegant luxury suites. Accommodations are centrally located on the horse showgrounds, just steps from arenas, stabling and the Paddock Club. Free Wi-Fi and VIP parking are included in your stay at The Wilbur Estate.
• Cabins – Each of the cabins sleeps up to six guests and is within walking distance from the arenas and barns. Two of the cabins are handicap accessible. Free Wi-Fi included.
• Home Away from Home Park – Directly across the street from the horse show entrance, each of the 130 home away from home units have two or three bedrooms with a fully equipped kitchen and living and dining room area. Free Wi-Fi included.
• RV Sites – World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has many RV sites equipped with electric, water and sewer for $175 per week (or any portion thereof). You must reserve these on your entry form or stall reservation form. Please check in at the horse show office for a pass prior to parking your RV.
Make your plans to attend the Fall Horse Show Series at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington today!
About World Equestrian Center
World Equestrian Center features two premier equestrian and multidisciplinary venues in Ocala, Florida, and Wilmington, Ohio.
These exclusive facilities comprise state-of-the-art arenas, expansive stadiums, versatile outdoor space, sporting fields and well-appointed exposition centers. An abundance of lodging options and luxury accommodations are conveniently located on-site, along with shopping and dining throughout each property.
Dedicated to offering great sport and fun in a family-friendly environment, World Equestrian Center promises an unparalleled experience for exhibitors, spectators, vendors, sponsors and retailers built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
Learn more at wec.net.