September 12, 2018 - Washington, D.C.
The prize list for the 2018 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship, presented by The Bishop Family, is now available online. The event will run from October 19-21 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD, and offers final qualifying points for the 60th Anniversary Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) held October 23-28 at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.
An increasingly popular stop on the mid-Atlantic horse show circuit, the WIHS Regional competition offers riders an exciting competition experience and the opportunity to qualify to compete at Capital One Arena in the WIHS Regional Hunter Finals on October 28, as well as qualification for the WIHS Championship Finals for Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers on October 23 and 24, during WIHS.
“The WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship is a special competition for local riders and we at the Washington International Horse Show are proud to continue to host the event each year,” said WIHS President Vicki Lowell. “So many cherished moments originate from the WIHS Regional Horse Show, including the selection of the Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award, and coveted chances to qualify and compete at the 60th anniversary WIHS. It’s one of my favorite events of the year!”
The WIHS Regional Horse Show is proud to host the USHJA Zone 3 Championship again this year on Sunday, October 21. Approximately the top 18 horses in each division, based on total USHJA points, will be invited to compete, and if invitations are not accepted, additional horses will be invited. Accepted riders will be listed on Horseshowing.com.
This year’s highlights include:
• MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals, Friday October 19, 6 pm (tent)
• NCEA 3'3" Junior Hunt Seat Medal and USHJA 3'3" Jumping Seat Medal
• Children's and Adult Hunters and Jumpers offered as qualifying classes for the WIHS Hunter and Jumper Championships at Capital One Arena, on Tuesday, October 23 (Hunters) and Wednesday, October 24 (Jumpers)
• Seventh Annual Laura Pickett Award for Excellence in Horsemanship, presented by Victoria Lowell and Charles Ancona
• Grand Championships awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter and Children's Hunter Ponies
• Ice Cream Social on Friday night and Pizza Party on Saturday afternoon. Open to all exhibitors.
• Qualify to compete in WIHS Regional Hunter Finals at Capital One Arena on Sunday, October 28.
To learn more about the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship, presented by The Bishop Family, please visit www.wihs.org/wihs-regional.
For more information on WIHS, please visit www.wihs.org, join us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat. Tag us using #WIHSTurns60, #WIHS2018 #HorsesInTheCity, #FEIWorldCup, and #Longines.