August 28, 2018 - Washington, D.C.
Media accreditation applications are now being accepted for the 60th annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) taking place October 23-28 2018, at Capital One Area in Washington, D.C.
To apply for media accreditation, please click here and complete the form.
The Washington International Horse Show, one of the most prestigious equestrian sporting events in North America, offers a show experience like no other – six days of top competition, more than 26,000 enthusiastic spectators, 500 of the best horses and riders in the world in the world, including Olympic veterans and rising young stars of equestrian sport, plus great dining, shopping, and entertainment, all in the heart of the nation’s capital city, Washington, D.C.
Where: Capital One Arena, 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
When: October 23-28, 2018
- WIHS Hunter Championships, Tuesday, October 23
- WIHS Jumper Championships, Wednesday, October 24
- $40,000 International Jumper Welcome Stake; $35,000 Accumulator Top Score Costume, Thursday, October 25
- $50,000 International Jumper Speed Final; $25,000 International Jumper Puissance (high jump), Friday, October 26
- Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund WIHS Equitation Finals and $135,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President's Cup, presented by Events DC, Saturday, October 27
Special Events & Exhibitions
- Barn Night, presented by Dover Saddlery, The Equiery, United Metro Golf Cart, The Clothes Horse, BarnManager, Charles Owen, The Loft at Meadowbrook, and US Equestrian, on Thursday, October 25, featuring the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Championship Series, presented by Charles Owen
- Guy McLean and his Australian-bred ‘Quietway Performance horses’, a horsemanship demonstration for children, families, horsemen, and the general public alike on Friday, October 26, and Saturday, October 27
- Kids' Day on Saturday, October 27, from 10 am to 2 pm
- WIHS Silent Auction and fabulous shopping in more than 50 specialty boutiques throughout the week
A complete competition schedule is available here.
WIHS tickets are available online through Ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Tickets also may be purchased in person at the Capital One Arena Box Office. For information about Capital One Arena accessible seating and services, call 202-661-5061 or 202-661-5065 (TTY).
Directions & Parking
Take Metrorail or Metrobus to the "Gallery Place-Chinatown" stop for an easy trip to the show. The Metro station is located below Capital One Arena. Directions to Capital One Arena.
Capital One Arena has its own parking garage located on 6th Street NW under the building. The charge is approx. $20 for event parking. The garage opens 1 ½ hours before show time and closes 1 hour after the conclusion of the event. Alternatively, there are several public parking garages near the building including Gallery Place’s parking garage on 6th Street NW and the parking garage next to Rosa Mexicano restaurant on F Street NW. There are at least 10,000 parking spaces located within blocks of the arena.
Follow WIHS on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube for photos, video and news about the extraordinary horses and riders competing at the show, plus historical information, contests, and international equestrian news. Please use hashtags: #WIHS2018, #WIHSTurns60, #horsesinthecity, #FEIWorldCup, and #Longines if you plan to write about WIHS and the Longines FEI World CupTM Jumping Washington on your outlet’s social media channels.
VIP ringside dining is available on two specially built platforms overlooking the arena and in the skybox level PwC Club, both offering excellent food and wonderful views of action in the ring. Visit www.wihs.org/hospitality for details.
Equestrian Media / Press Room
Mainstream and Local Media
Marketing / Publications
Senior Director of Marketing and Publications
Washington International Horse Show
OFFICE: 3299 K Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20007
202-525-3679, Fax 202-525-3686