Media accreditation applications are now being accepted for the 59th annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) taking place October 24-29, 2017, at Capital One Area in Washington, D.C.
To apply for media accreditation, please CLICK HERE and complete the form.
The Washington International Horse Show, one of the most prestigious equestrian sporting events in North America, offers a show experience like no other – six days of top competition, more than 26,000 enthusiastic spectators, 500 of the best horses and riders in the world in the world, including Olympic veterans and rising young stars of equestrian sport, plus great dining, shopping, and entertainment, all in the heart of the nation’s capital city, Washington, D.C.
Where: Capital One Arena, 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
When: October 24-29, 2017
- WIHS Hunter Championships, Tuesday, October 24
- WIHS Jumper Championships; $10,000 International Jumper Speed, Wednesday, October 25
- $35,000 International Jumper Welcome Stake; $35,000 Accumulator Top Score Costume, presented by Equestrian Sport Productions, Thursday, October 26
- $50,000 International Jumper Speed Final; $25,000 International Jumper Puissance (high jump), presented by The Boeing Company, Friday, October 27
- Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund WIHS Equitation Finals and $130,000 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Washington for the President's Cup, Saturday, October 28
Special Events & Exhibitions
- Barn Night, presented by U.S. Equestrian, Enjoy Yums, The Equiery, The Clothes Horse and United Metro Golf Cart, on Thursday, October 26, featuring the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Championship Series, presented by Charles Owen
- Guy McLean and his Australian-bred ‘Quietway Performance horses’, a horsemanship demonstration for children, families, horseman, and the general public alike on Friday, October 27, and Saturday, October 28
- Kids' Day, presented by Discovery Communications and EQUUS Foundation, on Saturday, October 28, from 10 am to 2 pm
- WIHS Silent Auction and fabulous shopping in more than 50 specialty boutiques throughout the week
CLICK HERE to view a complete schedule.
WIHS tickets are available online through Ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Tickets also may be purchased in person at the Capital One Arena Box Office. For information about Capital One Arena accessible seating and services, call 202-661-5061 or 202-661-5065 (TTY).
Directions & Parking
Take Metrorail or Metrobus to the "Gallery Place-Chinatown" stop for an easy trip to the show. The Metro station is located below Capital One Arena. Directions to Capital One Arena.
Capital One Arena has its own parking garage located on 6th Street NW under the building. The charge is approx. $20 for event parking. The garage opens 1 ½ hours before show time and closes 1 hour after the conclusion of the event. Alternatively, there are several public parking garages near the building including Gallery Place’s parking garage on 6th Street NW and the parking garage next to Rosa Mexicano restaurant on F Street NW. There are at least 10,000 parking spaces located within blocks of the arena.
Follow WIHS on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube for photos, video and news about the extraordinary horses and riders competing at the show, plus historical information, contests, and international equestrian news. Please use hashtags: #WIHS2017, #horsesinthecity, #FEIWorldCup, #RidetoParis, and #Longines if you plan to write about WIHS and the Longines FEI World CupTM Jumping Washington on your outlet’s social media channels.
VIP ringside dining is available on two specially built platforms overlooking the arena and in the sky-box level Acela Club, both offering excellent food and wonderful views of action in the ring. Visit www.wihs.org/dining-packages for details.
Equestrian Media / Press Room
Mainstream and Local Media
Digital Media / Publications
Director of Digital Media and Publications