July 18, 2017 - Washington, D.C.
The Prize List for the 2017 Washington International Horse Show (WIHS), taking place October 24-29, 2017, at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., is now available online.
WIHS, one of the most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events in North America, is pleased to announce exciting news for its 59th annual event. All-new world-class footing will highlight the upgrades made to the event in 2017.
"We are delighted to announce all-new footing for 2017," said Victoria Lowell, WIHS President. "In the past, Verizon Center's installation constraints have prevented us from installing this type of footing, but The Footing Firm working with David Distler, found a solution that works. The new footing is a sand, fiber, GGT blend, a newer spin on fiber-sand technology that creates a very stable surface but also absorbs the energy impact of the hoof.
"Our goal is to produce an outstanding experience for riders, trainers, owners, sponsors, spectators, and of course the horses and ponies! We're proud to add top footing to our list of reasons to come to WIHS -26,000+ enthusiastic spectators, more than $500,000 in prize money, great dining, shopping, entertainment and hospitality all in the heart of our nation's capital city, Washington, D. C."
WIHS will again host a Longines FEI World CupTM Jumping North American League event and present the coveted President's Cup on Saturday night. The event is an important qualifier leading up to the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final being held in April 2018 in Paris, France.
WIHS Prize List Now Available Online
• Download the 2017 Official WIHS Prize List and enter today. Entries close Tuesday, Sept. 5.
• Online entries are strongly encouraged > http://www.showmanagementsystem.com. Entries completed online will receive a $25 credit.
Prize Money & Cash Bonuses
More than $500,000 in prize money including special cash bonuses to the leading hunter and jumper riders:
• $10,000 to the Leading International Jumper rider
• $10,000 to the Leading International Jumper rider 25 years of age or younger
• $5,000 to the Leading Professional Hunter rider
• $20,000 Young Jumper Championship Incentive Program
Complimentary Exhibitor Hospitality
• The J. Norick & Co. Exhibitors Lounge, 4am-4pm daily
• After-parties at Oyamel, hosted by ThinkFood Group, and at the Irish Channel Pub
Hospitality & Sponsorship Options at All Levels
• Tables in the Lugano and Capitol Clubs and the family-friendly PwC Club
• Evening parties in the PwC Club will benefit our charity partners: TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors), Capital Breast Care Center and the U.S. Equestrian Team Foundation.
• WIHS offers sponsorship and hospitality packages including tables on our custom-built ringside dining terraces and in the sky box-level PwC Club, as well as tickets to evening social events. Sponsorships are tax-deductible less the value of goods received and are available at all levels with a wide range of benefits and amenities. For details, call Lindsay Pologe, WIHS Sponsorship & Hospitality Manager, at 202-525-3679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Link to 2017 Official WIHS Prize List, entry blank, and credit card authorization form on wihs.org.
• Download WIHS Prize List PDF
• Online entries will be accepted at http://www.showmanagementsystem.com, and are strongly encouraged. Entries completed online with receive a $25 credit.
• Visit wihs.org for event and schedule information.
Reminder: Entries close Tuesday, September 5.
For more information, please visit www.wihs.org, join us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.